We are pleased to announce that the National Wine Education & Training Centre (NWETC) course schedule has resumed, starting with a Wine Essentials on 22 July 2020 .
COVID-19 restrictions have eased to a point where we are now able to resume our courses in a safe manner by following a COVID-Safe plan, without compromising the fun and interactive nature of our courses. Some of the measures that we and the National Wine Centre are continuing or implementing include the following;
- Tables will be set to support the physical distancing principal of at least 1.5m of separation where possible
- Specific restrooms will be allocated to NWETC classes to ensure that there is no crossover between different groups within the National Wine Centre
- Hand sanitiser stations are positioned at various locations around the National Wine Centre, and hand-washing facilities, hand sanitiser, paper towel and tissues will be available in the NWETC classroom
- Course participants will be asked to bring their own pen and not to share pens during the class
- There will be absolutely no sharing of glassware in NWETC classes
- Course participants will be asked to carefully empty any wine remaining in their glasses and spittoons at the end of the class
- Participants will be provided with individual rather than shared spittoons
- All wine will be poured out by the educator so that wine bottles are not being passed from person to person
- Staff at the National Wine Centre have undertaken supplementary training in relation to COVID-19 and a dedicated Hygiene Officer will be present at all times
Click this link to download a comprehensive NWETC COVID-Safe Plan.
We are so excited to be hosting our classes once again, and can’t wait to share some wine and our wine knowledge with you.
Click HERE see the courses we have coming up and make a booking.